Register for Courses
We are currently using EventBrite to register for our courses. Please read this page carefully for instructions and then click the button below for the course(s) you’d like to enroll in.
We’re looking for beta testers for our BRAND NEW courses! Our latest suite of courses were created with elementary teachers in mind. Each course will help teachers build up their self-confidence and skills in mathematics.
These new courses are:
- Get introduced to the fundamentals of the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) across the major areas of numeracy (whole numbers, decimals, fractions and negative numbers).
- Walk through financial literacy from the basics of making change to understanding the complex world of inflation, cost of living increases and opportunity costs. This course is matched to the new Ontario Math curriculum and starts from the beginning. We’ll look at the math behind calculating our most common financial questions; including household budgets, credit card debts, financing and mortgages, and more.
- It’s listed as a skill students need to practice and implement each year in math class, and students (and the public) have become intimately familiar with it over the past two years. But what exactly *is* mathematical modelling and how does it apply to the world around us? This course looks at how we use mathematics to model and understand the world around us, including things like bias in data, data collection and the steps it takes to build a mathematical model.
As these are new courses, we are seeking a group of teachers who teach varying grade levels to take the courses and provide us with feedback.
As a general rule, our courses are offered on a ‘pay-what-you-can’ model. Registration fees are $25, and prices can be reduced by using the discount codes listed to the right – including one that gets you free access:
In return, we hope that you will share your honest thoughts with us by completing an end of course survey! By sharing your pain points (and hopefully what you enjoyed) you’ll help us improve the courses and future users’ experience.
Please note: as these courses are in beta/pilot format you may notice changes in the content and updates to the course materials as you take the course. An update log for each course can be found at the end of the content letting you know about any changes that have been made, in case you want to check out the improvements.
Any questions, please contact: [email protected]
Due to the nature of our programs, registration fees are non-refundable. However, if you have a unique situation you may contact Pamela Brittain ([email protected]) and requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Registering for Multiple Courses
Due to the limitations of EventBrite you will need to register for each course you’d like to take individually (we apologize for the inconvenience).
Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Please ensure you use the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS for all registrations. Otherwise you will end up with a seperate account for each course.
- You will only receive an email from WordPress for the first course you register in. This will be to set your password. Your username will be your email address.
- Once registered all your courses will be listed under My Account (the link in the top right of your screen).
- 25% off (25peroff)
- 50% off (50peroff)
- 75% off (75peroff)
- 100% off (100peroff)
Note: you need to select “Promo Code” on the first screen, type the code, and then click “Apply” for the discount to be applied. The images below show how to do this (click for larger image).
Check your email for an email from WordPress with the Subject: “[Fields Academy] Login Details”. This will be used to set your password and access your account. Your username is your email address. This email is in addition to the email from EventBrite, which acts as your receipt.
Once your password has been set you can access your courses by clicking on the My Account link at the top right of any screen on this site. All courses you are enrolled in will appear there.
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues please contact [email protected]