Elementary / Secondary Programs
Courses Now Available!!!
After months of hard work, feedback sessions with educators, and some fantastic updates to our interactive content, our first three courses are now ready for educators at all stages (including pre-service and in-service teachers, math coaches, principals, and more).
Our current courses include:
- Operations – Part 1
- Mathematical Modelling
- Finanancial Literacy
- With more on the way…
To learn more about the courses and register check out our Course Information page.
Join the Mailing List
Our Current Programs
Elementary Educator Courses
Boost your math skills with one of our foundational courses or expand your knowledge with one of our enrichment classes
Ask a Mathematician
Virtual visits from mathematicians to your classroom
A Bit of Fun
Science Literacy Week 2022
Check out our interactive poster for this year’s Science Literacy Week where the theme was “M is for Mathematics” – how could we resist!
Here you will find a number of short animated videos aimed at students that teach concepts such as modular arithmetic, fractals, prime numbers and more.
Learn More About the Fields Institute
Other Programs of Interest
The Fields Institute offers/supports a number of other programs that might be of interest to math educators:
- Math Ed Forum: meeting on the last Saturday of each month (Sept – Nov, Jan – April), this program brings together math researchers and math educators to talk about issue affecting mathematics education. Talks are offered in-person and virtually and are free to attend. Talks are also recorded for viewing later or if you missed a talk – there is also a large archive of these talks available.
- Fields Medal Symposium: each year Fields welcomes a Fields Medal winner to give a series of talks on their work. One of these talks is aimed at the general public and another is a student night, designed to make a Fields Medalist and their work accessible to students.
- YouTube Fun: you can also check out some fun videos we’ve put together on YouTube by scrolling through the Fields Academy playlist, along with What the Numbers Say, and Behind the Numbers. There are also videos associated with each of the Fields Medal Symposiums there as well (they are broken up by year so you’ll have to search a little).
- Fields Notes: A bi-annual newsletter features articles and information on the many programs taking place at the Institute. It also addresses issues of interest to readers, including many on mathematics education and opportunities for getting involved.
- Caribou Math Contest: Caribou is an online educational platform offering math learning resources and competitions for students from the start of Elementary School to the end of High School.
- Math Outreach at UofT: the Math Department at the University of Toronto offers a number of programs aimed at students in grades 3 – 12.